Mobile Phone Use
If you are authorized to use your cell phone/smartphone for business, remember:
- Password-protect your device.
- Cell phone conversations should not occur in any area where patients or visitors are present.
- Cell phones should be turned off or set to silent or vibrate mode during meetings, conferences and in other locations where incoming calls may disrupt normal workflow.
- Do not text PHI.
- Do not leave the device unattended.
- If you are authorized to have ePHI on your mobile device, it must be encrypted.
Does you device need repair?
- Contact the Help Desk to schedule the service.
Is your device missing?
- Report a stolen or misplaced portable device immediately to the Help Desk. They will immediately reset all passwords to prevent unauthorized access.