Clean Desk Policy
Keep the minimum amount of paper PHI on your desk – only the documents you are working on at the moment.
- A clean desk produces a positive image – you are organized and respect patients’ privacy.
- Sensitive documents left in the open can be stolen by a malicious entity.
- File whatever paper documents you are not working on.
- Lock confidential information when you leave your desk. This reduces the threat of a security incident.
- Shred unneeded documents with PHI or sensitive information.