HIPAA Security Reminder of the Week
Prevent a Breach of PHI
- Fax: If you manually enter the fax number, double-check all fax numbers before sending the fax.
- When discharging a patient, double-check the patient’s identifying information on the discharge instructions and any related prescriptions. Make sure all information matches the patient’s records.
- Do not leave paper PHI unattended.
- Logoff any EHR application when you are finished with the application and/or before you leave your computer.
- Lock your computer when it is unattended.